SUFY Members support the work of the organisation by electing and supporting the Management Committee and by attending the Annual General Meeting. If you wish to become a member please complete the membership form.
A person becomes a member of SUFY after their membership has been accepted by the Management Committee at a Committee meeting.
SUFY also welcomes contacts, they are people who have a professional or business relationship with SUFY.
Please complete the membership form if you would like to become an individual member or a contact.
SUFY has been making a difference in the lives of people with disability in Brisbane for thirty years.
We work with the most vulnerable people in our community to ensure that they are protected and defended against abuse and neglect and receive support to live a good life. We advocate for the protection of human rights for people with disability who have been forgotten,isolated or abandoned. SUFY provides strategies to people with disability, their families and allies to promote and defend people’s human and legal rights.
Speaking Up For You Inc wishes to acknowledge those organisations and individuals which support our ongoing work:
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability
- Services Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF)
We welcome donations
Join hundreds of other Australians who support the vision of a socially just, accessible and inclusive community, in which the human rights, citizenship, contribution, potential and diversity of all people with disability are respected and celebrated.
How your donation will be used:
- You will assist in the prevention of harm, abuse and neglect of vulnerable people with disability.
- You will have the knowledge that you are creating real and actual change for people with disability, working together towards and more just and accessible community.
- You will be supporting advocacy for individuals through the reform of systemic issues which have a negative impact on people with disability and their associates, such advocating for the closure of institutions and the ending of violence and abuse against people with disability.